Too many deals are lost today because the customer did not “like” the person selling to him or her. Personality Fit is often a hidden factor, or not easily identified. Yet, people or culture fit and communication styles significantly influence deal outcomes. Matching buyers and sellers is a strategic sales priority to maximize win rates. Although we train sales professionals to identify their buyer profiles and coach them on situational leadership styles, it is not easy changing your communication style consistently. As a result, even the most disciplined sales person often fails to get a customer interested – simply from a communication / style mismatch. This is why SalesChoice has built a Personality Profiler into our AI Insight Engine, working with IBM Watson Analytics, to help match the right Sales executive with the right accounts. This will ensure that your sales resources communication styles secure a positive response and hence improve your odds of building a trusted customer relationship.
B. How Does It Work?
The Personality Profiler analyzes the natural conversation style of your sales resources, and identifies the personality and cultural profile of your customer(s) accounts which helps you identify four distinct personality types: Expressive, Analytical, Amiable and Driver. Each personality type includes ~12 different base human traits that underlie these four types. SalesChoice’s value is not only in the comprehensiveness of looking at ~50 traits, but also the accuracy in analyzing the natural conversational styles of individuals, as reflected in writings or transcriptions of any individual. The sources can be: email, texting, voice, etc. It helps avoid any bias or misrepresentation of a person’s inherent personality, which is otherwise often the case when we look at one’s own assessment of their personality.
C. Benefits for Your Sales Organization
SalesChoice’s Personality Profiler can improve your sales outcomes & account retention. It allows you to:
- Match an account with the sales person that has a similar personality type. Eg: “If Tek Turbo is Analytical, this account should be pursued by Andrew and not Michael.”
- Communicate with your sales team or target accounts in a way that resonates naturally with them. Eg: Tek Turbo or Andrew would prefer direct and to-the-point communication, while Michael may like more context and storytelling.
D. Business Impact
Minimal Process Interference:
- The Personality Profile feature is integrated with the SalesChoice app which sits on your Salesforce instance, after a 5-10 minutes installation directly from the AppExchange.
- The feature results require no user training and can be used easily across the team.
Improve Employee Motivation & Performance:
- Make your sales efforts more effective by ensuring no deals are lost due to avoidable personality mismatch.
- Improve the sales representative’s performance levels by facilitating better account relationships.
- Increase the employee motivation levels by communicating with individuals in a way they appreciate.
- Maximize your Sales Coverage and increase your Sales win rates.
Over 17 Industry Leadership Awards, including: